Backend Developer (PHP/MySQL)
Refersion is a fast growing, bootstrapped, and profitable B2B app development company located in New York City. Our flagship product is a sales tracking and marketing (SaaS) platform in the e-commerce space. Our clients range from large, well known online retailers to small and medium businesses.
At Refersion, our technical staff believes that software development is a craft. It's part of our culture. We are a small team which allows for a really strong collaborative environment and the ability to build amazing apps that delight the user. A get stuff done attitude. Small, empowered, self-motivated teams can do big things. Our server stacks run PHP, MySQL, GraphQL, Serverless functions, ReactJS, ElastiCache, and more. If you're an intelligent developer who believes in doing what is best for the product, you'll love our team
- 4+ years of experience in PHP as well as various frameworks such as Laravel
- Extensive experience with MySQL including: advanced filtering, joining, grouping, and sorting
- Understanding and prior experience building and consuming RESTful API's
- Expert in working within a code repository (hint: we use Git).
- Prior experience with cloud hosted infrastructure like Azure or AWS.
- Bonus points: experience using React.
We're a small, collaborative team with no investors and a lot of freedom. This means that you will have direct impact in any project that you work on. Being a small, completely independent startup owned and operated by millennials, Refersion is the perfect place for a candidate with serious ambition. Some other perks include:
- Great benefits: medical, dental, and vision.
- Generous vacation time.
- Convenient office location to all major public transportation lines.
- Flexible work hours.
- Plenty of office events such as happy hours and learning sessions.
- Kitchen with unlimited coffee/tea, beer, and snacks.
- Plenty of opportunity while we grow and scale.