Refersion is helping brands and merchants in every industry transform the way they manage affiliate and influencer marketing programs, track promotions and campaigns, and grow online sales. Our performance marketing SaaS platform has a large and growing client base ranging from enterprise retailers to small and emerging businesses. In 2018 alone, we helped 7,000+ merchants track $200M+ in referral revenue and payout $20M+ in commissions.
The business is expanding rapidly and headquartered in New York City, with a satellite office in Miami. Refersion is 100% bootstrapped, highly profitable, and wholly independent of investor funding. We are a nimble, smart, and curious team of technologists that takes pride in our entrepreneurial approach and collaborative culture.
As Sales Engineer, you will help drive Refersion’s rapidly expanding referral marketing reach using your passion, drive, and commitment to developing and maintaining strong client relationships. With your SaaS and B2B expertise, you have the ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with our different departments to assist businesses of varying sizes navigate through the entire sales life cycle. Using your tremendous communication skills, you will work closely with clients to gather their business needs and propose appropriate solutions. As Sales Engineer, you are left- and right-brained, appealing both to the needs and to the wants of our clientele.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborate with sales and business development teams on the strategic, planning, and execution aspects of the sales process
- Communicate the longevity of Refersion's solutions: Adopt a multi-year paradigm for account/ opportunity development and create long-term win-win relationships with enterprise accounts and strategic partners
- Utilizing best business practices, communicate robust Refersion value propositions and tailored solutions to clients and prospects based on their unique requirements
- Work with Development to create timeline for various projects
- Provide business case-specific product demonstrations
- Provide technical replies to RFPs and RFIs
- Offer technical guidance on Refersion solutions as part of the sales process.
- Partner with Customer Success, Sales, and Development to help adapt our solutions to a changing landscape
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent (preferred)
- 1 to 3 years’ business experience preferably in a SaaS, B2B, and/ or entrepreneurial environment
- Capability to understand APIs, from GraphQL to REST
- Ability to architect technology solutions independently using Refersion's API
- Expertise in writing detailed proposals to help document scope and approach of custom build-outs
- Solid experience in and prior knowledge of e-commerce landscape, staying on the cutting edge of this space’s current as well as long-term trends
- Proven track record in sales and/ or pre-sales with history of meeting/ exceeding quotas, preferably in the performance marketing sector
- Experience creating and maintaining relationships with executives in the C-Suite, especially as this relates to understanding business strategy and objectives
- Expertise in building business cases that meet the strategic needs and direction of enterprise-level clients and prospects
- Stellar presentation skills communicating ideas dynamically to senior executives of clients and prospects
- Ability to thrive and work seamlessly in a team selling environment
- Potential for some travel
We're a small team that works together closely and operate with complete autonomy and freedom. This means you will have direct impact in any project that you work on and your success will be felt across the company and by your clients. Some other perks include:
- Great benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Convenient office location to public transportation
- Flexible work hours
- Plenty of office events such as happy hours and learning sessions
- Kitchen with unlimited coffee/ tea, beer, and snacks