Refersion is helping brands and merchants in every industry transform the way they manage affiliate and influencer marketing programs, track promotions and campaigns, and grow online sales. Our performance marketing SaaS platform has a large and growing client base ranging from enterprise retailers to small and emerging businesses. In 2018 alone, we helped 7,000+ merchants track $200M+ in referral revenue and payout $20M+ in commissions.
The business is expanding rapidly and headquartered in New York City, with a satellite office in Miami. Refersion is 100% bootstrapped, highly profitable, and wholly independent of investor funding. We are a nimble, smart, and curious team of technologists that takes pride in our entrepreneurial approach and collaborative culture.
Refersion currently organizes various conferences in many different cities worldwide. With our own Meetups attracting 250+ attendees every quarter, we sponsor other events, and are planning to design other types of conferences into this year.
We are seeking a passionate and entrepreneurial-minded Event Manager to lead and support our above initiatives. Working directly with our senior executive team, you must be creative, innovative and hard-working – capable of translating creative visions into real-world and memorable experiences. This role is based in our New York City office in Midtown, supporting and partnering with a wide variety of partners, and requires someone who flourishes under pressure.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Reporting to the Director of Marketing, create and meet project goals
- As a team player, lead in executing a wide variety of events – from concept to completion
- Pre-planning events that could include, but are not limited to conferences and Meetups
- Developing and implementing event plans including, but not limited to, the below areas:
- Budgeting: Creation and reconciliation; invoice approval and processing
- Timelines: Generate meeting schedules; deadlines; client updates and approvals
- Legal: Contract negotiations, process legal approvals/input/insurance requests and permits as needed
- Venue: Research venues as well as site surveys, negotiating, contracting and front of house plans
- Food & Beverage: Work closely with caterer and venue staff on menu planning
- Creative: Provide valuable creative input and vision to process; oversee requests for creative materials
- Activities: Research and enhance event experience(s) with on site activities; oversee event set-up
- Transportation: Create a transportation plan as needed
- Printed Materials: Oversee production of onsite materials; directional signage, disclaimers etc
- Vendors: Research new vendors & experiential activations, assess vendor/partner recommendations and manage/negotiate with vendors
- 3-5 years' proven track record in full event life cycle, especially within a small team environment
- Ability to ascertain the company vision and execute and manage sound event plans accordingly
- Ability to not only take direction, but give direction as well
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with a knack for finding creative solutions to problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong budgeting and financial skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Technology, marketing, and/or e-commerce background a plus
We're a small team that works together closely and operate with complete autonomy and freedom. This means you will have direct impact in any project that you work on and your success will be felt across the company and by our clients. Some other perks include:
- Great benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Convenient office location close to public transportation
- Flexible work hours as well as a generous vacation policy
- Plenty of office events such as happy hours and learning sessions
- Kitchen with unlimited coffee/tea, beer, and snacks